If your small business website is looking a little stale, a redesign could be just what you need to spice things up, though small business website redesign costs can range quite a bit based on the scale and complexity of the project. There are plenty of great reasons to give your site a refresh.
A redesigned website can help better:
- showcase your products or services;
- make your brand look more modern;
- improve the user experience for your customers.
Most importantly, a well-executed website redesign can provide real business benefits like driving more traffic, leads, and sales for your small business.
It’s a smart investment that can offer a serious ROI if done right. So don’t be afraid to shake things up – a new look and feel for your site could be a game-changer for connecting with customers in today’s digital landscape.
Website Redesign Average Costs
When it comes to the mighty dollar signs, what can small businesses expect to spend on revamping their website? The price tag can vary quite a bit based on the size and scope of the project. A simple 5-page website with off-the-shelf templates may only set you back around $3,000 or so. But if you need a custom-built site with e-commerce capabilities, complex functionality, and extensive content, costs can easily exceed $25,000.
The average small business website redesign runs about $9,300. This assumes around 10 pages, a responsive design, and a customized look and feel. You can save some money by using DIY website builders like Squarespace or Wix. However, hiring a professional web design firm is recommended for best results. At the end of the day, make sure you get quotes from a few agencies before deciding who to work with. And remember – a higher price doesn’t always mean better quality.
|Redesign Type||Average Cost||Average Pages|
|Silver Redesign||$4,500||10 pages|
|Gold Redesign||$9,000||15 pages|
|Platinum Redesign||$15,000||25 pages|
Key Factors That Influence Cost
What makes website redesigns more expensive for some small businesses compared to others? Here are some of the biggest cost drivers to keep in mind:
- The scope of the redesign plays a huge role. The more pages, products, functionalities, and content that need to be redesigned, the higher the price tag.
- If you have to migrate or rebuild the site on a new platform, that adds complexity and costs too.
- Custom designs are pricier than using stock templates, but can really make your brand stand out.
- Depending on where you’re located, web design agencies in places like NYC or Silicon Valley will charge more compared to other regions.
- Extra bells and whistles like ecommerce, SEO optimization, and content creation don’t come cheap. But they can provide serious ROI.
- Factoring in ongoing hosting, maintenance, and updates is key for budgeting the real long-term costs.
The bottom line is that your unique business goals and requirements will determine how simple or sophisticated your redesign needs to be. And that will drive what you pay.
Controlling Redesign Costs
Redesigning your website is an investment, but you don’t have to blow your whole marketing budget to get results. There are some smart ways to keep costs reasonable:
- DIY website builders like Wix and Squarespace offer affordable options for basic redesigns, though you miss out on customization.
- Limiting the number of pages and keeping the design clean and simple avoids unnecessary fees.
- Handling copywriting or content migration yourself is a budget-friendly task to take on.
- Prioritizing must-have features like mobile responsiveness over nice-to-haves keeps the project scope focused.
- Leveraging free or open-source platforms like WordPress as the foundation can slash thousands off redesign costs.
The goal is to scrutinize every aspect of the project to strip away anything unnecessary. And work with your web designer to come up with solutions that won’t break the bank but still achieve your business goals. With some savvy decisions, you can reinvent your website without going over your budget ceiling.
The Value of Investment
Sticker shock for a website revamp is understandable. But when done right, consider a redesign an investment that can offer serious ROI for your small business. How so?
A well-executed website refresh makes for a better user experience that keeps visitors engaged. This can directly translate into more traffic, increased conversions and sales, and ultimately more revenue for your business.
Beyond the numbers, a modern, mobile-friendly website also builds credibility for your brand. First impressions matter – an outdated site gives the impression that you’re behind the times or don’t care about your online presence.
The upfront cost of a quality redesign pays off in the long run with a site that better promotes your products or services and brings in new business. Just make sure you work with a web designer who understands your target audience, business goals, and how to make your budget work. The end result should be a website that delivers real economic value greater than the initial price tag.
GVAC Sees 180% Increase in Leads After Website Redesign
As a long-standing local gym in California, GVAC was relying on its outdated website that no longer reflected its services or brand. The site was difficult to navigate, not optimized for mobile, and lacked capabilities to capture visitor information. GVAC wanted to modernize its online presence to better attract and engage with potential members.
We, NovoVision Agency worked closely with GVAC’s owner, by learning about the gym’s offerings, brand, and target audience. We understood that our main focus is to improve the UX and UI design for the mobile version, as 90% of the traffic would come from smartphones. NovoVision designed and developed a completely new mobile-friendly website with a modern, inviting look and intuitive navigation. Lead capture forms were built-in to collect visitor information.
The website redesign led to tremendous outcomes for GVAC:
- 180% increase in leads captured through online forms
- 50% lower bounce rate indicating improved user experience
- 15% increase in organic traffic from SEO rankings boost
- 25% faster page load times due to performance optimization
By partnering with NovoVision Agency, GVAC increased brand awareness, captured more leads, and created an online presence aligned with its premier local gym reputation. The strategic website redesign provided immense value and ROI.
Let’s recap what we covered on what small businesses can expect to spend on a website redesign.
The price range is pretty wide – from as little as $3,000 for a simple site up to over $25,000 for a complex redesign with all the bells and whistles. The average cost falls around $9,300.
Factors like the number of pages, custom functionality, location of the web designer, and platform constraints all impact the costs. Do your research to find a website redesign company that can work within your budget.
Ultimately, aligning your redesign with clear business goals is key. Having a strategic vision for how a refreshed site can increase traffic, leads, and revenue is what matters most.
Approaching your website redesign as a forward-thinking investment, not just an expense, will ensure you get value that exceeds the upfront costs. A successful redesign both elevates your brand and boosts your bottom line.
Upgrade your online presence with NovoVision’s expert website redesign services. Our team can revitalize your site with an eye-catching new design, intuitive navigation, and features tailored to your business goals. Contact us today for a free consultation on taking your website to the next level!